Lamellipodia and filopodia are dynamic surface extensions of the cell which play a pivotal role in cell migration, invasion and wound healing. Biochemists have succeeded in clarifying the interplay between the two types of protrusions in regulating both the migratory and invasive abilities of cancer cells. They hope to exploit their exciting findings for the development of more specific cancer therapies.
- Understanding the migration of cancer cellsMon, 23 Jun 2008, 11:22:18 EDT
- Bird embryo provides unique insights into development related to cancer and wound healingWed, 23 Mar 2011, 16:36:59 EDT
- LSUHSC research discovers new targets for treatment of invasive breast cancerWed, 19 Aug 2009, 15:45:31 EDT
- New finding in cell migration may be key to preventing clots, cancer spreadThu, 14 Jan 2010, 14:27:40 EST
- News brief: A paracrine pathway regulates pancreatic cancer cell invasionWed, 13 Jan 2010, 1:57:39 EST