Researchers in Switzerland are reporting discovery of natural plant materials that may regulate starch digestion -- slowing down the body's conversion of potatoes, rice, and other carbohydrate-rich foods into sugar. The findings could lead to new functional foods that fight diabetes according to research in the Journal of Medicinal Chemistry.
- Delaying fat digestion to curb appetiteThu, 19 Aug 2010, 5:24:29 EDT
- A diet rich in slowly digested carbs reduces markers of inflammation in overweight and obese adultsWed, 11 Jan 2012, 23:32:01 EST
- Enzyme in saliva shapes how we sense food textureWed, 13 Oct 2010, 17:35:10 EDT
- Inexpensive, abundant starch fibers could lead to ouchless bandagesTue, 1 May 2012, 17:34:46 EDT
- NYU researchers find corn starch solution can help shape solid materialsThu, 4 Nov 2010, 11:25:12 EDT