Eveningness is associated with not only later phases of a person's sleep-wake cycle, but also with sleep irregularities, more pronounced sleep restriction during the week, and higher sleep compensation on weekends. Evening type college students may, therefore, need a sleep education that helps them adjust to imposed morning schedules, and would probably benefit from later class schedules.
- Evening-type college students on early daytime class schedules at a disadvantageTue, 10 Jun 2008, 8:16:00 EDT
- College students sleep longer but drink more and get lower grades when classes start laterTue, 14 Jun 2011, 5:30:59 EDT
- Study is first to show that highly variable sleep schedules predict elevated suicide riskTue, 8 Jun 2010, 1:06:17 EDT
- Study shows how shift workers can improve job performance and implement a realistic sleep scheduleMon, 1 Dec 2008, 7:15:09 EST
- Evening chronotype in high school students is linked with lower college GPATue, 9 Jun 2009, 0:29:49 EDT