The next time you use garlic for its renowned antibacterial effects, consider fresh garlic instead of those bottles of chopped garlic. Researchers report that fresh garlic maintains higher levels of a key healthy ingredient than preserved versions and may be better for you. In the new study, scientists point out that allicin is one of the main active ingredients in garlic.
- Freshly crushed garlic better for the heart than processedWed, 29 Jul 2009, 11:32:20 EDT
- Sustainably grown garlicTue, 3 Nov 2009, 16:12:01 EST
- New testing method hints at garlic's cancer-fighting potentialMon, 1 Mar 2010, 13:59:29 EST
- Study shows garlic could protect against hip osteoarthritisThu, 16 Dec 2010, 10:29:05 EST
- Garlic oil shows protective effect against heart disease in diabetesWed, 29 Sep 2010, 10:17:31 EDT