The notion that talking on a cell phone while driving a car isn't safe seems obvious, yet what happens in the brain while it juggles the two tasks is not. A new study provides a better understanding of why language -- talking and listening, including on a cell phone -- interferes with visual tasks, such as driving.
- Talking on your cell phone while driving may be hazardous to your close relationshipsTue, 15 Jun 2010, 10:24:13 EDT
- Driven to distraction: New study shows driving hinders talkingFri, 22 Jan 2010, 16:57:19 EST
- Driving while distracted is a primary-care issueWed, 9 Jun 2010, 19:07:12 EDT
- Drivers distracted more by cell phones than by passengersMon, 1 Dec 2008, 0:30:21 EST
- Cell phone studies: While walking or driving, cell phones increase traffic, pedestrian fatalitiesWed, 4 Mar 2009, 16:12:00 EST