Inflammatory bowel disease (IBD) afflicts as many as 10 out of 100,000 people in the United States and currently available treatment options are short-term and invasive with toxic side effects. Now medical scientists are successfully developing a safe and effective, orally administered non-viral gene delivery system that promises a painless treatment option with long-term effects and aims to ultimately replace the frequent injection regimen offered to patients today.
- Researchers develop oral delivery system to treat inflammatory bowel diseasesSun, 10 Oct 2010, 13:33:26 EDT
- New genes found for inflammatory bowel disease in childrenSun, 31 Aug 2008, 14:43:08 EDT
- Genes may exert opposite effects in diabetes and inflammatory bowel diseaseMon, 22 Mar 2010, 13:16:46 EDT
- Purple periwinkles battle inflammatory diseasesMon, 3 May 2010, 16:01:33 EDT
- Protein from probiotic bacteria may alleviate inflammatory bowel disordersMon, 23 May 2011, 13:33:32 EDT