Neuroscientists have discovered a fundamental component of the process that regulates memory formation. The discovery explains, for the first time, how new nerve cells form in an area of the brain associated with learning and memory -- which is known to deteriorate in people with stroke and dementia.
- Discovery of cell linked to learning and memoryWed, 14 May 2008, 10:35:47 EDT
- Surprising discoveries contribute to memory researchFri, 30 Jan 2009, 14:30:45 EST
- Researchers identify 1 of the necessary processes in the formation of long-term memoryTue, 8 Sep 2009, 9:51:03 EDT
- Scientists find link in humans between nerve cell production, memoryThu, 26 Aug 2010, 11:18:06 EDT
- MIT neuroscientists explain 'Proustian effect' of small details attached to big memoriesThu, 13 Jan 2011, 13:34:55 EST