Researchers believe they can achieve a significant increase in the accuracy of one of the fundamental constants of nature by boosting an electron to an orbit as far as possible from the atomic nucleus that binds it. The experiment could put the modern theory of the atom to the most stringent tests yet.
- High-flying electrons may provide new test of quantum theoryWed, 30 Apr 2008, 14:57:56 EDT
- Quantum computing taps nucleus of single atomWed, 17 Apr 2013, 14:35:54 EDT
- Atom interferometer provides most precise test yet of Einstein's gravitational redshiftWed, 17 Feb 2010, 13:32:39 EST
- Quantum chaos unveiled?Wed, 6 Aug 2008, 14:08:10 EDT
- JILA/NIST scientists get a grip on colliding fermions to enhance atomic clock accuracyThu, 16 Apr 2009, 14:24:20 EDT