Speaking at the URSULA (Urban River Corridors and Sustainable Living Agendas) Conference, in Sheffield, Dr Abigail Hathway, of the University of Sheffield, will demonstrate how rivers can cool their local environment. Urban areas suffer increased temperatures as a result of traffic, air-conditioning systems and modern building materials which can absorb and re-radiate heat from the sun...
- Britain's urban rivers bounce backSat, 30 Jun 2012, 14:02:14 EDT
- Researchers' chance viewing of river cutoff forming provides rare insightWed, 21 Sep 2011, 17:37:22 EDT
- New study shows rising water temperatures in US streams and riversTue, 6 Apr 2010, 10:54:03 EDT
- Catalan rivers suffer from sediment accumulationTue, 9 Jun 2009, 12:22:28 EDT
- Climate change threatens endangered freshwater turtleSun, 3 Jul 2011, 14:32:09 EDT