Cave life is known to favor the evolution of a variety of traits, including blindness and loss of eyes, loss of pigmentation, and changes in metabolism and feeding behaviour. Now researchers reporting online on 7 April in Current Biology have added sleeplessness to that list...
- Through evolution, cavefish have lost sleepFri, 8 Apr 2011, 0:32:05 EDT
- Adapting to darkness: How behavioral and genetic changes helped cavefish survive extreme environmentTue, 14 Sep 2010, 17:24:25 EDT
- 'Pelvis has left the building'Thu, 4 Jun 2009, 12:51:00 EDT
- Sleep loss limits fat lossMon, 4 Oct 2010, 18:03:54 EDT
- Spare gene is fodder for fishes' evolutionThu, 3 Sep 2009, 12:51:50 EDT