UCSF scientists are reporting several studies showing that psychological stress leads to shorter telomeres - the protective caps on the ends of chromosomes that are a measure of cell age and, thus, health. The findings also suggest that exercise may prevent this damage...
- Exercise may prevent stress on telomeres, a measure of cell healthMon, 4 Apr 2011, 12:38:48 EDT
- UCLA study identifies mechanism behind mind-body connectionTue, 15 Jul 2008, 15:14:57 EDT
- Telomeres resemble DNA fragile sitesFri, 10 Jul 2009, 9:23:06 EDT
- Brief exercise reduces impact of stress on cell aging, UCSF study showsWed, 26 May 2010, 19:00:36 EDT
- Why chromosomes never tie their shoelacesWed, 8 Sep 2010, 13:50:32 EDT