ESA's Integral gamma-ray observatory has spotted extremely hot matter just a millisecond before it plunges into the oblivion of a black hole. But is it really doomed? These unique observations suggest that some of the matter may be making a great escape...
- Integral spots matter a millisecond from doomThu, 24 Mar 2011, 15:34:39 EDT
- Stanford scientists: Orbiting gamma-ray observatory begins search for odd space objectsThu, 10 Jul 2008, 9:28:50 EDT
- VLT and Rossi XTE satellite probe violently variable black holesWed, 15 Oct 2008, 12:14:48 EDT
- Black hole caught zapping galaxy into existence?Mon, 30 Nov 2009, 11:57:58 EST
- Black hole, star collisions may illuminate universe's dark sideMon, 19 Sep 2011, 15:05:50 EDT