You may remember the colour of your loved one's eyes for years. But how? Scientists believe that long-term potentiation (LTP) - the long-lasting increase of signals across a connection between brain cells - underlies our ability to remember over time and to learn, but how that happens is a central question in neuroscience...
- Scientists discover major clue in long-term memory makingSun, 20 Mar 2011, 15:01:47 EDT
- Study of marine snail leads to new insights into long-term memoryThu, 19 Jun 2008, 13:29:01 EDT
- Theory about long and short-term memory questioned by UCL scientistsMon, 9 Nov 2009, 16:31:14 EST
- Restoring memory, repairing damaged brainsFri, 17 Jun 2011, 14:35:53 EDT
- Scientists provide potential explanation for mechanisms of associative memory Wed, 14 Dec 2011, 22:32:07 EST