A robust new phylogenetic tree resolves many long-standing issues in primate taxonomy. The genomes of living primates harbour remarkable differences in diversity and provide an intriguing context for interpreting human evolution. The phylogenetic analysis was conducted by international researchers to determine the origin, evolution, patterns of speciation, and unique features in genome divergence among primate lineages. This evolutionary history was published on March 17 in the open-access journal PLoS Genetics...
- A new evolutionary history of primatesThu, 17 Mar 2011, 18:04:55 EDT
- Orangutans harbor ancient primate AluMon, 30 Apr 2012, 2:33:54 EDT
- Fossil discovery sheds new light on evolutionary history of higher primatesMon, 4 Jun 2012, 17:32:50 EDT
- Researchers find an evolutionarily preserved signature in the primate brainFri, 20 Jun 2008, 0:28:23 EDT
- Primate archaeology, proposal of a new research fieldThu, 16 Jul 2009, 9:50:53 EDT