Choosing the appropriate way to present risk statistics is key to helping people make well-informed decisions. A new Cochrane Systematic Review found that health professionals and consumers may change their perceptions when the same risks and risk reductions are presented using alternative statistical formats...
- Poorly presented risk statistics could misinform health decisionsWed, 16 Mar 2011, 4:33:00 EDT
- Just a numbers game? Making sense of health statisticsFri, 10 Oct 2008, 17:42:57 EDT
- Survey: Men may not be adequately involved in decisions about prostate cancer screeningMon, 28 Sep 2009, 17:17:21 EDT
- FDA could analyze public health consequences of its decisions betterMon, 9 May 2011, 12:05:09 EDT
- You only live once: our flawed understanding of risk helps drive financial market instabilityFri, 17 Dec 2010, 14:33:53 EST