It's a discordant note in the symphony of good news that usually accompanies stem cell research announcements. Stem cells hold enormous promise in regenerative medicine, thanks to their ability to regenerate diseased or damaged tissues. They have made it possible to markedly improve the effectiveness of many medical treatments - muscle regeneration in cases of dystrophy, skin grafts for treating burn victims, and the treatment of leukaemia via bone marrow transplants...
- Stem cell surprise for tissue regenerationThu, 25 Jun 2009, 8:21:42 EDT
- Stem cell versatility could help tissue regenerationThu, 19 Aug 2010, 6:29:18 EDT
- Ottawa scientists discover new way to enhance stem cells to stimulate muscle regenerationThu, 4 Jun 2009, 12:27:29 EDT
- Regenerative stem cell therapy offers new hope for treating cardiovascular diseaseWed, 17 Nov 2010, 18:05:09 EST
- Reprogram stem cells with heart tissue, which might improve treatments for heart diseaseWed, 19 May 2010, 10:41:44 EDT