Saturday, January 15, 2011 - 10:30 in Earth & Climate
The unusually cold weather this winter has been caused by a change in the winds. Instead of the typical westerly winds warmed by Atlantic surface ocean currents, cold northerly Arctic winds are influencing much of Europe...
- Dramatic ocean circulation changes revealedFri, 14 Jan 2011, 11:06:37 EST
- Southern Ocean resistant to changing windsMon, 8 Dec 2008, 11:03:39 EST
- Tropical Atlantic sees weaker trade winds and more rainfallSun, 6 Feb 2011, 13:52:35 EST
- Southern Ocean winds open window to the deep seaMon, 15 Mar 2010, 9:40:26 EDT
- Earth's climate change 20,000 years ago reversed the circulation of the Atlantic OceanWed, 3 Nov 2010, 14:36:26 EDT