Every magnetic material is divided into such magnetic domains. Scientists call them 'Weiss domains' after physicist Pierre-Ernest Weiss, who predicted their existence theoretically more than a hundred years ago. In 1907, he recognised that the magnetic moments of atoms within a bounded domain are equally aligned...
- Imaging with neutrons: Magnetic domains shown for the first time in 3-DTue, 23 Nov 2010, 12:32:39 EST
- World's tiniest mirrorTue, 10 Aug 2010, 11:49:34 EDT
- Chameleon magnets: Ability to switch magnets 'on' or 'off' could revolutionize computingFri, 27 May 2011, 22:34:14 EDT
- Origin of ultra-fast manipulation of domain walls discoveredSat, 6 Oct 2012, 21:03:46 EDT
- Spin pumping effect proven for the first timeMon, 12 Sep 2011, 11:34:56 EDT