A North Carolina State University researcher is part of a team that has discovered fossilised feathers from a giant penguin that lived near the Equator more than 36 million years ago. These feathery fossils reveal colour patterns in an ancient extinct penguin species, and offer clues to how modern penguin feathers evolved...
- Fossilized giant penguin feathers reveal color, feather structure of ancient birdsThu, 30 Sep 2010, 14:32:24 EDT
- Fossilized giant penguin reveals unusual colors, sheds light on bird evolutionThu, 30 Sep 2010, 14:32:30 EDT
- Iridescent, feathered dinosaur offers fresh evidence that feathers evolved to attract matesThu, 8 Mar 2012, 15:34:49 EST
- Uncovering Africa's oldest known penguinsTue, 26 Mar 2013, 11:06:58 EDT
- Four-winged dinosaur's feathers were black with iridescent sheenThu, 8 Mar 2012, 15:34:21 EST