Using carbon nanotubes (hollow tubes of carbon atoms), MIT chemical engineers have found a way to concentrate solar energy 100 times more than a regular photovoltaic cell. Such nanotubes could form antennas that capture and focus light energy, potentially allowing much smaller and more powerful solar arrays...
- MIT researchers develop a way to funnel solar energySun, 12 Sep 2010, 15:07:52 EDT
- Researchers make breakthrough in the production of double-walled carbon nanotubesTue, 23 Dec 2008, 9:07:57 EST
- Nanotube thermopowerTue, 19 Oct 2010, 19:41:08 EDT
- A light wave of innovation to advance solar energyThu, 10 Nov 2011, 20:35:16 EST
- High-efficiency concentrator solar cells and modulesThu, 20 May 2010, 12:13:51 EDT