Within five years the death toll of North American bats succumbing to 'white-nose syndrome' has reached the one million threshold, now the causative fungus Geomyces destructans was identified in a number of European countries - without detrimental effects for the native bat populations...
- Newly identified fungus implicated in white-nose syndrome in batsThu, 30 Oct 2008, 14:36:41 EDT
- New insights into how deadly amphibian disease spreads and killsMon, 10 May 2010, 16:43:50 EDT
- Deadly fungus threatens 9 bat species in Ga., Ky., N.C., S.C. and Tenn., expert saysWed, 7 Apr 2010, 12:43:06 EDT
- Native Americans and Northern Europeans more closely related than previously thoughtFri, 30 Nov 2012, 16:04:52 EST
- Blood samples show deadly frog fungus at work in the wildWed, 25 Apr 2012, 22:32:27 EDT