Some of the molecular machinery that governs flower formation has been uncovered in the daisy-like Gerbera plants. Researchers writing in the open access journal BMC Plant Biology have published a pair of articles detailing how the complex Gerbera inflorescence is formed and how this process differs from other model plants, such as the more simple flowers of Arabidopsis species...
- Genetics in bloomThu, 24 Jun 2010, 20:32:31 EDT
- UK geneticists shed light on flowering plantsTue, 29 Jun 2010, 18:29:26 EDT
- Plants take a hike as temperatures riseTue, 10 Feb 2009, 10:03:32 EST
- New genetic model predicts plant flowering in different environmentsThu, 15 Jan 2009, 14:50:07 EST
- New genetic study helps to solve Darwin's mystery about the ancient evolution of flowering plantsSun, 10 Apr 2011, 13:33:23 EDT