At birth, your body was 100-percent human in terms of cells. At death, about 10-percent of the cells in your body will be human and the remaining 90-percent will be microorganisms. That makes you a 'supraorganism,' and it is the interactions between your human and microbial cells that go a long way towards determining your health and physical well-being, especially your resistance to infectious diseases...
- Data acquisition and coordination key to human microbiome projectWed, 9 Jun 2010, 18:08:41 EDT
- NIH human microbiome project researchers publish first genomic collection of human microbesThu, 20 May 2010, 15:05:48 EDT
- BCM scientists sequence microbes as part of the Jumpstart for Human Microbiome ProjectThu, 20 May 2010, 15:05:51 EDT
- Close up look at a microbial vaccination programThu, 22 Sep 2011, 12:38:33 EDT
- Bacterial balance that keeps us healthyThu, 4 Mar 2010, 9:29:35 EST