Blue-green orchid bees zip through increasingly scarce patches of tropical forest pollinating rare flowers. For the first time, researchers at the Smithsonian Tropical Research Institute track unique signals from tiny transmitters glued to individual orchid bees, yielding new insight into the role of bees in tropical forest ecosystems...
- First radio tracking of tropical orchid beesWed, 26 May 2010, 23:11:58 EDT
- Researchers learn about role of bees in tropical ecosystems using radio transmittersWed, 26 May 2010, 23:11:56 EDT
- Fungi-filled forests are critical for endangered orchidsTue, 24 Jan 2012, 17:34:28 EST
- Saving the wild orchids of BorneoThu, 17 Jul 2008, 11:23:37 EDT
- The drivers of tropical deforestation are changing, say scientistsTue, 5 Aug 2008, 18:07:50 EDT