They paved paradise and, it turns out, actually did put up a parking lot. A big one. Some 700 feet deep in the waters off California's jewel of a coastal resort, Santa Barbara, sits a group of football-field-sized asphalt domes unlike any other underwater features known to exist...
- WHOI scientists find ancient asphalt domes off California coastSun, 25 Apr 2010, 13:25:17 EDT
- Scientists discover underwater asphalt volcanoesMon, 26 Apr 2010, 16:46:07 EDT
- Alternative energy hits the roadTue, 12 Aug 2008, 14:56:30 EDT
- Caltech, JPL scientists say that microbial mats built 3.4-billion-year-old stromatolitesThu, 16 Jul 2009, 14:26:06 EDT
- University of California Santa Barbara study reveals how gas, temperature controlled bacterial response to Deepwater Horizon spill Mon, 3 Oct 2011, 22:32:56 EDT