The cosmos is filled with colour, and colour is a key in determining age, chemical composition and how far objects are from Earth. To help identify these colours and objects the James Webb Space Telescope will be using a spectrograph called NIRSpec. Recently, the engineering test unit for the Webb telescope's Near-Infrared Spectrograph (NIRSpec) instrument arrived at NASA's Goddard Space Flight Centre, Greenbelt, Md. from its manufacturer in Germany for preliminary testing...
- Color it ready -- Webb Telescope instrument now at GoddardTue, 30 Mar 2010, 16:44:40 EDT
- Webb Telescope's NIRCam engineering test unit arrives at NASA GoddardTue, 25 May 2010, 17:42:52 EDT
- James Webb Space Telescope begins to take shape at GoddardTue, 15 Sep 2009, 16:15:25 EDT
- First flight instrument delivered for James WebbFri, 15 Jun 2012, 12:35:41 EDT
- NASA's Webb telescope MIRI instrument takes one step closer to spaceFri, 1 Oct 2010, 15:22:33 EDT