Inflammation is at the root of most serious complications occurring after both infection and injury. But while the molecular course of events that leads from microbial infections to the inflammatory condition called sepsis is fairly well understood, it is far less clear how and why physical injury can result in a similarly dangerous inflammatory response...
- Immune responses to mitochondria help explain body's inflammatory response to injuryWed, 3 Mar 2010, 14:01:08 EST
- Damaging inflammatory response could hinder spinal cord repairWed, 21 Oct 2009, 13:30:19 EDT
- NIH investigators find link between DNA damage and immune response Thu, 31 Mar 2011, 17:52:44 EDT
- Inflammatory response to infection and injury may worsen dementiaWed, 17 Sep 2008, 5:07:50 EDT
- Biomarkers could predict death in AIDS patients with severe inflammationTue, 21 Dec 2010, 18:12:22 EST