A dramatic 3D Mars view based on terrain modelling from NASA's Mars Reconnaissance Orbiter data shows 'highs and lows' of Mojave Crater. The vertical dimension is exaggerated three-fold compared with horizontal dimensions in the synthesised images of a portion of the crater's wall. The resulting images look like the view from a low-altitude aircraft. They reflect one use of digital modelling derived from two observations by the orbiter's High Resolution Imaging Science Experiment camera...
- NASA's LRO mission gets a sunrise view of Tycho crater's peakThu, 30 Jun 2011, 17:38:29 EDT
- Craters young and old in Sirenum FossaeWed, 3 Feb 2010, 9:45:24 EST
- NASA's Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter brings 'earthrise' to everyoneSat, 21 Apr 2012, 15:32:05 EDT
- LRO's first moon imagesThu, 2 Jul 2009, 15:14:52 EDT
- Researchers estimate ice content of crater at moon's south poleThu, 21 Jun 2012, 9:34:30 EDT