NASA unveils latest results from lunar mission, helps prepare for next stage of scientific discovery
NASA's current mission in orbit around the moon, the Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter, or LRO, has been providing crucial insights about our nearest celestial neighbour since its launch in June. At a scientific meeting today, researchers unveiled the latest findings from three instruments of the powerful suite of seven aboard the satellite. LRO is expected to return more data about the moon than all previous orbital missions combined...
- NASA unveils latest results from lunar mission, helps prepare for next stage of scientific discoveryTue, 15 Dec 2009, 19:08:21 EST
- Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter's LAMP shedding light on permanently shadowed regions of the moonThu, 17 Sep 2009, 14:05:44 EDT
- New NASA temperature maps provide 'whole new way of seeing the moon'Thu, 17 Sep 2009, 17:31:57 EDT
- Scientists report new insights into the moon's rich geologic complexityThu, 16 Sep 2010, 14:31:54 EDT
- NASA Lunar Reconnaissance Orbiter delivers treasure trove of dataWed, 16 Mar 2011, 9:33:36 EDT