As they pop the champagne corks to celebrate New Year's Eve, drug industry executives will likely be glad to put 2009 behind them. That's because pharmaceutical companies who make top-selling drugs for heart disease, asthma, and many other conditions had a tough year in the midst of mounting market pressures and a global recession. A timely year-end analysis of the state of the pharmaceutical industry is scheduled for the current issue of Chemical and Engineering News, ACS' weekly newsmagazine...
- Drug industry embraces new business strategies after tough yearWed, 9 Dec 2009, 15:17:15 EST
- Drug industry, nonprofits join forces to fight world's neglected diseasesWed, 11 Nov 2009, 11:26:00 EST
- Fancier fakes: Makers of bogus prescription drugs pose new challengesWed, 6 Jan 2010, 12:33:18 EST
- Sponsoring by the pharmaceutical industry can bias the results of drug studiesFri, 7 May 2010, 10:47:01 EDT
- Quest for new plant protection substances mirrors search for new drugsWed, 20 Apr 2011, 11:06:33 EDT