The pavement material that cars drive on may wind up in their fuel tanks as scientists seek ways of transforming asphaltenes - the main component of asphalt - into an abundant new source of fuel, according to the cover story in the current issue of Chemical and Engineering News, ACS' weekly newsmagazine...
- Component of asphalt eyed as new fuel sourceWed, 23 Sep 2009, 13:19:06 EDT
- Developing 'green' tires that boost mileage and cut carbon dioxide emissionsWed, 18 Nov 2009, 16:30:28 EST
- Battling the force that wastes 1 out of every 10 gallons of gasoline in carsWed, 13 Oct 2010, 13:36:35 EDT
- Alternative energy hits the roadTue, 12 Aug 2008, 14:56:30 EDT
- Gator in your tank: Alligator fat as a new source of biodiesel fuelThu, 18 Aug 2011, 16:05:07 EDT