Invasive species can disrupt natural and human-made ecosystems, throwing food webs out of balance and damaging the services they provide to people. Now scientists have begun to put a price tag on this damage. In a study published this week in Frontiers in Ecology and the Environment e-view, ecologists have listed the invasive species that cause the most harm to environment and cost the most money to control...
- Ecologists put price tag on invasive speciesMon, 20 Apr 2009, 10:58:59 EDT
- Consequences of being richWed, 16 Jun 2010, 10:04:07 EDT
- Waging war on invasive plant species: Effects of invasives persist even after removalWed, 10 Aug 2011, 3:31:54 EDT
- While the cat's away: How removing an invasive species devastated a World Heritage islandMon, 12 Jan 2009, 12:36:06 EST
- Harm not those strangers that pollinate, study warnsThu, 17 Nov 2011, 3:36:21 EST