When we are faced with a decision, and we're not sure what to do, usually we'll just go with the majority opinion. When do we begin adopting this strategy of 'following the crowd?' In a new report in Psychological Science, a journal of the Association for Psychological Science, psychologists Kathleen H. Corriveau, Maria Fusaro, and Paul L. Harris of Harvard University describe experiments suggesting that this tendency starts very early on, around preschool age...
- Picky preschoolers: Young children prefer majority opinionFri, 13 Mar 2009, 13:50:52 EDT
- Preschoolers use statistics to understand othersTue, 17 Aug 2010, 12:32:18 EDT
- Preschool promises: Starting early on a new educational agenda for the United StatesThu, 21 Oct 2010, 17:53:56 EDT
- Trust your gut ... but only sometimesTue, 4 Jan 2011, 11:37:23 EST
- Alcohol, mood and me (not you)Thu, 28 Apr 2011, 17:35:55 EDT