New software developed with help from the Wildlife Conservation Society will allow tiger researchers to rapidly identify individual animals by creating a three-dimensional model using photos taken by remote cameras. The software, described in an issue of the journal Biology Letters, may also help identify the origin of tigers from confiscated skins...
- Tracking tigers in 3-DThu, 12 Mar 2009, 13:38:18 EDT
- Sumatran 'tiger map' reveals tiger population higher than expectedMon, 6 Dec 2010, 10:23:59 EST
- More than 1,000 tigers reduced to skin and bones in last decadeTue, 9 Nov 2010, 11:04:49 EST
- Last strongholds for tigers identified in new studyTue, 14 Sep 2010, 17:43:10 EDT
- Asian tiger numbers could triple if large-scale landscapes are protectedTue, 25 Jan 2011, 10:34:44 EST