Thursday, January 8, 2009 - 09:49 in Biology & Nature
Smooth, dark buildings, vehicles and even roads can be mistaken by insects and other creatures for water, according to a Michigan State University researcher, creating 'ecological traps' that jeopardise animal populations and fragile ecosystems...
- False light: Reflection from human structures leads creatures into perilThu, 8 Jan 2009, 8:14:34 EST
- Optical Legos: Building nanoshell structuresThu, 27 May 2010, 15:32:53 EDT
- Solar panels can attract breeding water insectsThu, 27 May 2010, 14:55:01 EDT
- Urban water ecology at the ESA annual meetingTue, 4 Aug 2009, 2:49:31 EDT
- Scientists unravel human-ecosystem interactionsTue, 3 Aug 2010, 0:36:06 EDT