A new study reveals an important and newly discovered pathway used by disease-causing bacteria to evade the host immune system and survive and grow within the very cells meant to destroy them. This discovery may lead to new treatments and vaccines for tuberculosis (TB) and certain other chronic bacterial and parasitic infections...
- Persistent bacterial infection exploits killing machinery of immune cellsSun, 2 Nov 2008, 14:15:46 EST
- Meningitis bacteria dress up as human cells to evade our immune systemWed, 18 Feb 2009, 13:43:38 EST
- Study helps explain how pathogenic E. coli bacterium causes illnessMon, 14 Mar 2011, 10:52:23 EDT
- UBC researchers discover key to immune cell's 'internal guidance' systemSun, 5 Feb 2012, 19:21:01 EST
- Molecules help the immune system to detect cells infected with West Nile virusThu, 5 Feb 2009, 12:45:48 EST