The assumption that time, weather, and pollution are what cause buildings to decline is only partly true. Bacteria are also responsible for the ageing of buildings and monuments - a process known as biodeterioration, where organisms change the properties of materials through their vital activities...
- Bacteria cause old buildings to feel off-colorMon, 27 Oct 2008, 14:29:05 EDT
- Gene 'relocation' key to most evolutionary change in bacteriaThu, 27 Jan 2011, 17:52:12 EST
- Lime mortars in conservation -- traditional materials and craft for the futureTue, 29 Sep 2009, 20:34:52 EDT
- Paved surfaces can foster build-up of polluted airTue, 7 Jun 2011, 13:06:24 EDT
- Pitt study finds 'green' water treatments may not kill bacteria in large building cooling systemsFri, 10 Dec 2010, 13:04:16 EST