Coastal dead zones, an increasing concern to ecologists, the fishing industry and the public, may not be as devoid of life after all. A Brown scientist has found that dead zones do indeed support marine life, and that at least one commercially valuable clam actually benefits from oxygen-depleted waters...
- Brown scientist finds coastal dead zones may benefit some speciesTue, 14 Oct 2008, 14:29:06 EDT
- Study shows continued spread of 'dead zones'Thu, 14 Aug 2008, 14:36:04 EDT
- Dramatic expansion of dead zones in the oceansSun, 25 Jan 2009, 13:29:35 EST
- Good news from the bad drought: Gulf 'Dead Zone' smallest in years, says Texas A&M expertFri, 24 Aug 2012, 10:41:01 EDT
- Lake Erie hypoxic zone doesn't affect all fish the same, study findsMon, 10 Jan 2011, 15:08:21 EST