Scientists at Bonn and Duesseldorf Universities have discovered an important hair-loss gene. During their study, the researchers investigated over 500,000 positions in the human genome, and found a gene variant which occurs clearly more frequently in bald men than in control persons. The results are to be published in the November issue of the journal Nature Genetics...
- Important new hair-loss gene discoveredSun, 12 Oct 2008, 13:28:29 EDT
- New gene in hair loss identified by Columbia-led research teamWed, 14 Apr 2010, 14:05:31 EDT
- Cleft lip and palate: Genes more important than thought?Sun, 8 Mar 2009, 15:50:41 EDT
- New insights into progressive hearing lossSun, 12 Apr 2009, 13:28:51 EDT
- Genetic basis of alopecia areata established for first time by Columbia research teamWed, 30 Jun 2010, 13:26:16 EDT