The information technology industry consumes as much energy and has roughly the same carbon 'footprint' as the airline industry. Now scientists and engineers at the University of California, San Diego are building an instrument to test the energy efficiency of computing systems under real-world conditions - with the ultimate goal of getting computer designers and users in the scientific community to re-think the way they do their jobs...
- UC San Diego's GreenLight Project to improve energy efficiency of computingTue, 29 Jul 2008, 12:00:43 EDT
- Magnetic memory and logic could achieve ultimate energy efficiencyFri, 1 Jul 2011, 17:32:10 EDT
- Computer model pinpoints prime materials for efficient carbon captureSun, 27 May 2012, 16:31:49 EDT
- New nanoscale process created by UCSB scientists will help computers run faster and more efficientlyThu, 25 Sep 2008, 14:36:44 EDT
- Liter of fuel would last UK 1 year if cars had kept pace with computersThu, 19 Jun 2008, 14:14:42 EDT