The latest activities of NASA's Phoenix Mars Lander have moved the mission closer to analysing a sample of material, possibly icy soil, from a hard layer at the bottom of a shallow trench beside the lander. Overnight Tuesday to Wednesday, during Phoenix's 57th Martian day, or sol, since landing, Phoenix used its robotic arm to scrape the top of the hard layer in the trench informally named 'Snow White'...
- Phoenix mission to Mars will search for climate cluesThu, 22 May 2008, 17:21:59 EDT
- Mars Express mission controllers ready for NASA Phoenix landingTue, 20 May 2008, 14:07:30 EDT
- Listen to Phoenix descendThu, 29 May 2008, 10:07:31 EDT
- Looking for water on MarsFri, 26 Sep 2008, 17:35:28 EDT
- Phoenix Mars Lander finds surprises about red planet's watery pastThu, 9 Sep 2010, 14:39:37 EDT