China has been approved as a buyer of African Elephant ivory in a one-off sale from four southern African countries, probably later this year. The decision was taken to accept China at a meeting of the Standing Committee of the Convention on International Trade in Endangered Species of Wild Fauna and Flora (CITES) in Geneva, Switzerland...
- Scientists urge treaty panel to reject ivory sale by Tanzania, ZambiaTue, 16 Mar 2010, 12:44:10 EDT
- Peru mahogany decision highlights overlooked timber proposals at CITESMon, 15 Mar 2010, 9:15:15 EDT
- Boost ivory trade monitoring and enforcement before allowing one-off sales: UBC researcherThu, 11 Mar 2010, 14:33:34 EST
- Ivory poaching at critical levels: Elephants on path to extinction by 2020?Thu, 31 Jul 2008, 13:35:40 EDT
- Conservationists urge treaty panel to reject ivory sale by Tanzania, ZambiaThu, 11 Mar 2010, 14:34:02 EST