Researchers at Purdue University have overcome a major obstacle in reducing the cost of 'solid state lighting,' a technology that could cut electricity consumption by 10 percent if widely adopted. The technology, called light-emitting diodes, or LEDs, is about four times more efficient than conventional incandescent lights and more environmentally friendly than compact fluorescent bulbs...
- Advance brings low-cost, bright LED lighting closer to realityThu, 17 Jul 2008, 12:14:49 EDT
- SRI and SDK announce breakthrough performance in OLED devices for solid-state lighting applicationsTue, 28 Jul 2009, 14:56:51 EDT
- Freeing light shines promise on energy-efficient lightingTue, 15 Jul 2008, 12:14:24 EDT
- Regular light bulbs made super-efficient with ultra-fast laserFri, 29 May 2009, 13:22:09 EDT
- LED efficiency puzzle solved by UC Santa Barbara theoristsTue, 19 Apr 2011, 16:51:38 EDT