From paintings and photographs to coins and credit cards, we are constantly surrounded by symbolic artefacts. The mental representation of symbols - objects that arbitrarily represent other objects - ultimately affords the development of language, and certainly played a decisive role in the evolution of our hominid ancestors...
- The symbolic monkey? Token-mediated economic choices in tufted capuchinsTue, 10 Jun 2008, 22:21:45 EDT
- The psychology of financial decision making and economic crisesWed, 22 Sep 2010, 11:23:04 EDT
- Indus script encodes language, reveals new study of ancient symbolsThu, 23 Apr 2009, 14:38:43 EDT
- Front-of-package symbols and systems: IOM phase 1 reportFri, 8 Oct 2010, 14:03:57 EDT
- Cuts to rewards plans unlikely to hurt credit card use, Rotman study showsMon, 20 Jul 2009, 12:38:17 EDT