Scientists report that a protein associated with a common form of mental retardation plays an important role in intracellular trafficking within neurones. The research, published by Cell Press in the June issue of the journal Developmental Cell, reveals new information about how neuronal communication and plasticity are affected in Fragile X Syndrome...
- Mechanism may explain aspects of brain impairment seen in Fragile X SyndromeMon, 9 Jun 2008, 13:29:27 EDT
- Missing protein in Fragile X Syndrome is key to transporting signals within neuronsMon, 9 Jun 2008, 13:29:20 EDT
- Developmental delay in brain provides clue to sensory hypersensitivity in autismWed, 10 Feb 2010, 12:44:12 EST
- UT Southwestern researchers uncover Fragile X syndrome gene's role in shaping brainFri, 7 May 2010, 15:40:29 EDT
- Fragile X protein loss alters brain pathways responsible for learning and memoryThu, 8 Apr 2010, 18:36:05 EDT