Hitherto it has been difficult to induce adult human stem cells to produce bone, e.g. in order to repair bone tissue. Researchers at the University of Twente have shown that if the enzyme PKA is previously activated in the stem cells in the lab, following implantation this results in substantial bone formation...
- Scientists call up stem cell troops to repair the body using new drug combinationsThu, 8 Jan 2009, 10:30:11 EST
- Stem cell breakthrough could lead to new bone repair therapies on nanoscale surfacesMon, 11 Feb 2013, 12:03:47 EST
- Stem cells could halt osteoporosis, promote bone growthWed, 4 Mar 2009, 12:58:59 EST
- Synthetic bone graft recruits stem cells for faster bone healingMon, 2 Aug 2010, 12:23:50 EDT
- Adult bone marrow stem cells injected into skeletal muscle can repair heart tissueThu, 28 May 2009, 11:46:14 EDT