According to a new study, patients are receiving estimated doses of radiation from medical diagnostic imaging studies, such as CT (or 'CAT') scans, that may be detrimental to their long term health, putting them at an increased risk of developing cancer...
- CT scans increase cancer risk estimates in multiply-imaged emergency department patientsTue, 5 May 2009, 16:35:54 EDT
- Researchers develop computer-based system to automatically track radiation dose exposure from CT scansMon, 3 May 2010, 16:31:09 EDT
- Shorter radiation course stops cancer growth in high-risk prostate cancer patientsTue, 3 Nov 2009, 13:26:31 EST
- Radiation increases cancer risk for dialysis patientsThu, 24 Feb 2011, 18:04:55 EST
- Mayo Clinic study on how to minimize radiation risks of angioplasty shows highest doses in menMon, 15 Mar 2010, 13:59:45 EDT