Seizures may be a sign of significant brain injury, and may occur in patients that experience any type of stroke. A new study finds that stroke patients with ensuing seizures are more likely to die in the 30 days following stroke than patients without seizures. The findings show a mortality rate of over 30 percent at thirty days after stroke...
- Stroke victims experiencing seizures more likely to dieMon, 19 May 2008, 14:07:21 EDT
- New target discovered to treat epileptic seizures following brain trauma or strokeFri, 5 Dec 2008, 11:41:46 EST
- UAB study shows African-Americans have highest stroke rate, southerners more likely to dieFri, 26 Feb 2010, 16:42:09 EST
- Poorer countries, those spending less on health care have more strokes, deathsThu, 27 Oct 2011, 20:36:51 EDT
- Study supports alternative anti-seizure medication following acute brain injuryWed, 17 Feb 2010, 13:13:45 EST