Hugh Bradner, renowned physicist and professor emeritus at Scripps Institution of Oceanography, UC San Diego, died 5 May 2008, in San Diego, Calif. after a prolonged illness. He was 92 years old. Bradner's scientific career incorporated both science and ocean exploration to design many notable ocean technologies, including the first neoprene wetsuit...
- Scientists discover bioluminescent 'green bombers' from the deep seaThu, 20 Aug 2009, 14:28:04 EDT
- Google Earth ocean terrain receives major updateThu, 2 Feb 2012, 21:31:47 EST
- A recipe for saving the world's oceans from an extinction crisisWed, 13 Aug 2008, 17:15:34 EDT
- Scripps study finds plastic in 9 percent of 'garbage patch' fishesThu, 30 Jun 2011, 18:08:51 EDT
- Plastic trash altering ocean habitats, Scripps study showsWed, 9 May 2012, 0:31:08 EDT