No one can become alcohol dependent (AD) without repeatedly drinking alcohol, but not everyone who does so will become AD. Certain characteristics - adolescence, novelty seeking, reaction to stress, and response to first alcohol exposure - are believed to influence the vulnerability of developing AD...
- Adolescent rats help prove that early alcohol exposure alcohol can quickly lead to heavy drinkingSun, 4 May 2008, 22:44:54 EDT
- Energy drink use may lead to alcohol dependenceTue, 16 Nov 2010, 17:05:37 EST
- Adult-supervised drinking in young teens may lead to more alcohol use, consequencesThu, 28 Apr 2011, 2:04:58 EDT
- As college drinking problems rise, new studies identify effective prevention strategiesMon, 15 Jun 2009, 12:36:26 EDT
- Heavy drinking rewires brain, increasing susceptibility to anxiety problemsSun, 2 Sep 2012, 21:31:43 EDT